Join our family
Industore Limited is a division of Richard H. Powell and Partners Limited which formed over 45 years ago. The division specialises in Hänel automated storage and retrieval systems for the UK and Ireland.
The group employs around 50 staff and has a national service network for Industore, all of whom are Hänel qualified. Clients vary from small to medium sized businesses to large blue chip corporates. Headquarters are based in Cardiff, South Wales.
We look for passionate professionals who wish to join a successful family-run business and will support our future growth plans. You will find a list of our current opportunities below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Industore has recently experienced substantial growth, therefore an opportunity has become available within the Field Engineering team for a Service Engineer, responsible for the maintenance and repair of Hänel machinery located primarily in South of England.
As a Service Engineer, you will report directly to the Operations Manager. Hours of work will be flexible to meet client requirements during the working week, with occasional pre-arranged weekend work.
You will be located within commutable distance of our large client base located predominantly in South of England and will be expected to work from home when not out in the field servicing clients.
Regular travel should be expected, repairing faults and undertaking annual servicing, whilst using best practice methods and adhering to health and safety regulations and procedures at all times. You must hold a valid UK driving license. National and international travel with overnight stays should be expected as part of this role.
What you’ll need:
You will be willing to learn, self-motivated, practical, and able to demonstrate completion of complex tasks within pre-defined timescales.
You will have a number of years’ experience and/or qualifications within a maintenance, mechanical, electrical or engineering environment and be technically minded.
Experience within the modern storage industry is not essential. Experience in manual handling is desirable.
Good communication skills are advantageous as you will be liaising directly with clients for all inspection and maintenance work. Above all, strong attention to detail and taking pride in your work is essential as you will be responsible for assessing overall safety of the storage systems, ensuring the machinery adheres to health and safety standards.
To reap the rewards and benefits of this varied role you will have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, combined with a methodical approach and an ability to deal with clients in a professional manner at all times.
What you’ll do:
• Inspect a variety of Hänel automated storage systems
• Complete annual servicing and ongoing maintenance work and repair for Hänel units
• Identification of faults and resolutions for the customer – independently diagnosing and repairing equipment accordingly
• Assisting with new software upgrades for the systems
• Assist in the commissioning and installation of new products at client sites
• Responding to emergency machine breakdowns when required
• Provide technical support to clients
• Provide product training at site
• Complete all service documentation and report back to Operations Manager
• Contacting, arranging and travelling to client sites accordingly
• Be a quick learner – thoroughly understanding the inner-workings of Hänel solutions
• Be a self-starter – effectively organising your own work schedule and travel arrangements
• Be positive, professional, presentable and friendly at all times
What you’ll get:
As well as offering you the opportunity to join a very successful, family run business, the right candidate will also be provided with:
• Training programme carried out at manufacturer Hänel GmbH Germany and UK Headquarters
• State-of-the-art training centre and training on industry specific machinery, plant and equipment
• Excellent salary package
• Company van
• Fully expensed travel
• Complete set of tools and full site uniform
• Company laptop and iPhone
• Pension scheme
• Annual discretionary profit-related bonus scheme
How to apply:
If you think you are the right candidate for this fantastic opportunity at Industore Limited, please submit your CV alongside a covering letter to Gethin Hill, Installations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org